These cookies are delicious! I make them all the time as a replacement for my oatmeal in the morning. They’re quick to make and great for those with busy schedules, like myself. This recipe is also easily modified; try adding cinnamon and other spices to see what you can come up with.
- Rolled or steel-cut oats, roughly 2 full cups worth
- Banana, 3 medium or large
- Chopped raisins, or carob or semi-sweet chips
- Cinnamon, optional
Recipe makes roughly 9 or 10 cookies, depending on the size you make them.
- Preheat oven to 325-350 F, depending on your oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, peel and mash bananas well with a fork.
- Dump in the oats and mix very well, until they become damp.
- Chop up desired amount of chopped raisins, add them to the bowl and mix well.
- Grease baking sheet with coconut oil, scoop mixture into balls and press onto baking sheet, making round cookie shapes.
- Place baking sheet in the oven for roughly 20-40 minutes, watching that they do not burn on the edges.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over cookie tops, if desired.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cookies may stick to the baking sheet slightly, so use a spatula to pry them off.